Saturday, January 9, 2021

Raid on R1O-GN - Part 2

 After refitting for a few moments at the Boundless Creation Factory, I departed Hek once again for my second voyage on board Stabber 1. The agenda, once again, was to thoroughly bookmark the pipe in, as well as the surrounding systems, while being uncharacteristically (for me) cautious about choosing PvP encounters, focusing my efforts on survival. 

Again I laid in a course for R1O-GN, sped across highsec with the faction police at my heels, then maneuvered across a bit of lowsec and Etherium Reach, following my trail of bookmarks up the pipe towards the headquarters of my detestable foe, Pandemic Horde. I resumed methodically bookmarking systems, closer and closer to that vile nest of scum and villainy.


Solo hunting in nullsec

Stabber 1 vs. Procurer

As I entered the Kalevala Expanse at FXZ-PU, I heard a little bird tweeting in my ear. "Hey asshole," it chirped, "there are several Procurers mining in RQOO-U. One of these is all by herself, not on comms or in the standing fleet. Standby to receive her exact coordinates."

I plugged the destination into my navigation computer and detoured from my bookmarking mission, making for RQOO-U with all possible speed. I jumped into system and warped directly to a certain mining anomaly, where sure enough, watermelon suitcase of Pandemic Horde was mining away at an Arkonor asteroid. Seconds later she was warp disrupted and rounds of Republic Fleet EMP M were slamming into her shields. She cried for help in local chat, only to receive sneers of derision from her unsympathetic comrades. 


[ 2020.12.24 15:03:33 ] watermelon suitcase > :(

[ 2020.12.24 15:03:49 ] Chewbabacca Solo > ?

[ 2020.12.24 15:04:06 ] watermelon suitcase > Syeed Ameer Ali killing

[ 2020.12.24 15:04:10 ] watermelon suitcase > careful

[ 2020.12.24 15:04:20 ] Chewbabacca Solo > he killed u?

[ 2020.12.24 15:04:27 ] watermelon suitcase > yea

[ 2020.12.24 15:04:40 ] Chewbabacca Solo > lol why are u not in standing fleet?

[ 2020.12.24 15:05:09 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > gf

[ 2020.12.24 15:05:22 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > almost had me

[ 2020.12.24 15:05:40 ] Chewbabacca Solo > Syeed Ameer Ali gf? why don't u come after me for a real GF?

[ 2020.12.24 15:05:52 ] Chewbabacca Solo > attacking the weakest?

[ 2020.12.24 15:05:57 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > another time perhaps

[ 2020.12.24 15:06:02 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > o7

[ 2020.12.24 15:06:06 ] Chewbabacca Solo > yeah... just what I thought


What can you expect from such a god-awful shitty alliance? Ms. watermelon's evil Procurer died, and I added a second killmark to my hull. 


Procurers must die

There is a certain justice in watching a Procurer explode. Having enjoyed suicide ganking highsec miners off and on over the years, Procurers had foiled me a time or two. Payback was sweet.

I made my escape before anyone could decide to try to hunt me down, and resumed bookmarking.

Lesson learned: A Stabber is an effective weapon for bringing justice to the asteroid belts.


Stabber 1 vs. Epithal

I had finished bookmarking the road into my enemies' base, and was in R10-GN itself, burning tacticals off the gates, when a Horde pilot by the name of chris cairney blundered past me to the GQ-7SP gate in an Epithal, and jumped through. I quickly followed him through the gate and found him aligning for warp on the other side.

"PROPER NOUNS SHOULD BE CAPITALIZED, MOTHERFUCKER!" I roared, as I pointed my Stabber at Mr. cairney's Epithal, activated my microwarpdrive, and opened fire. My Stabber slammed into the industrial ship at a relative 2 km/second, knocking him out of alignment and preventing him from activating his warp drive. Within moments, nothing was left of the Horde Epithal but memories and a debris field floating in space. The pod escaped, while Mr. cairney made excuses in local chat about being afk. A third killmark decorated my hull.


Epithals also must die

Lesson learned: This kill was further proof of Pandemic Horde's degeneracy. If it was a reputable alliance, no doubt members would be strictly forbidden to fit warp core stabilizers, the most cowardly of all modules. Thank goodness this dirtbag didn't manage to escape the scene of the crime.


Stabber 1 vs. Atron

Another Horde noobean, Wolfbringer 2 Anson, crossed my path in R1O-GN, bound for GQ-7SP. This one was flying an Atron. I followed him through the gate just as I had with mr. cairney. On the other side I re-approached the gate and waited for Wolfbringer to drop cloak. He reappeared shortly at 15km range, and I quickly warp disrupted, then blasted away his squishy tackle frigate with my autocannons, without encountering any resistance. A fourth killmark appeared.


Basically everything must die

"GIT GUD NOOB" I roared at Mr. Anson's retreating pod.

Lesson learned: Stabbers are fun. I think I'm in love. This is definitely my new Merlin.


Stabber 1 vs. Procurer 2

My little bird, flying around above the canopy where the view is a bit clearer, tweeted at me again.

"Listen, dirtbag," it chirped, "they're mining in RQOO-U again. We can't let them get away with it. Head for the following coordinates and do your thing."


The real hero of this story

From my safe spot in R1O-GN, I warped to the RQOO-U gate and jumped through, then again warped to the mining anomaly in question, and found another Horde Procurer, this one belonging to Mirir Ronuken.  "RONUKEN TRASH!" I hollered at my screen, as I blasted Mirir's mining barge with my autocannons. As he got to about 25% hull, Mirir opened a conversation with me. 


[ 2020.12.27 03:19:43 ] Mirir Ronuken > Why?

[ 2020.12.27 03:19:49 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > 100 mil

[ 2020.12.27 03:19:51 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > or die

[ 2020.12.27 03:20:01 ] Mirir Ronuken > Phhh... not worth it

[ 2020.12.27 03:20:45 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > gf

[ 2020.12.27 03:20:54 ] Mirir Ronuken > I need to take up pirating with how much you guys ask for

[ 2020.12.27 03:21:17 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > ah i didn't have time to think lol

[ 2020.12.27 03:21:25 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > just spat out a number

[ 2020.12.27 03:21:40 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > probably 20 mil would have been fair

[ 2020.12.27 03:21:56 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > you're supposed to haggle a bit

[ 2020.12.27 03:22:08 ] Mirir Ronuken > That would have been better

[ 2020.12.27 03:22:15 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > haha oh well

[ 2020.12.27 03:22:17 ] Syeed Ameer Ali > o7

[ 2020.12.27 03:22:17 ] Mirir Ronuken > I was at 50 structure

[ 2020.12.27 03:22:24 ] Mirir Ronuken > 07


Killmark #5.

But especially Procurers

Lesson learned: You know, when I started this, I figured every kill and loss is a lesson, that I should reflect upon and analyze in order to get better at PvP. But I have to admit that there isn't a great deal to be learned from blasting mining barges while they sit there, probably not even at the keyboard half the time, and just let me do it. And yet, it never fails to put a smug smile on my face, so I don't think I'll stop.


Stabber 1 vs. Dragoon

RQOO-U continued to be a productive hunting ground for me. I logged off at a safe spot following the last Procurer kill, and when I returned there were a number of ratters and miners in the system. They all ran for the safety of their Fortizar, except for Solyaris Chtonium pilot Luck-Far, in a Dragoon. I tracked him to an asteroid belt with my directional scanner. He was wandering around shooting at belt rats or something.

"FOR THE GLORY OF SOMETHING OR OTHER!" I cried, landing point, keeping at range at my optimal, unleashing my drones and opening fire. The little PVE fit destroyer didn't stand a chance. My autocannons claimed another victim, my hangar another frozen corpse, and killmark #6 was painted on my hull.

I'm not even sure what a Dragoon is but they also must die

To be continued next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment